Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Table Mountain Proposal

 The saying is true, a picture is worth a thousand words but in this case a thousand emotions is more like it!
I snapped this photo while on vacation in Cape Town, South Africa. My husband and I were on top of Table Mountain taking in this spectacular view over looking the city. The gentleman you see above offered to take our picture first and asked if we could return the favor. Since we were both couples on vacation alone it was perfect. After he graciously took a couple photos of us, my husband began snapping their shots and low and behold, as you can see from the image, he popped the Big Question. I just love a surprise proposal don't you? I thought it was so cute that before bending down he said to my husband, "Okay, you're going to want be sure to get this mate. This is a big one!" in his proper British accent. We had no idea what he meant and neither did his love. He then proceeded to get down on one knee and she was as shocked and teary as any girl in love would be. All of the surrounding onlookers began to applaud and congratulate them as they came down from the rocks. We never get tired of sharing this fun memory from our trip. I'm so happy that I was able to share it with you - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment